Okay so we are on to the next one on how to sew: sleeve measurements.
Sleeves are a part of a dress that covers the arm. There’s really no biggie to taking sleeve measurements, I think it’s the easiest part of all. .
Here’s how to take sleeve measurements:
horizontal measurements :
- Arm hole circumference: measured around the shoulder and armpit.
- Sleeve width: measured around the upper arm.
- Sleeve width elbow : measured around the elbow.
- Sleeve width wrist: measured around the wrist.
5. Sleeve length : measured from the shoulder to upper arm.
6. Sleeve length elbow: measured from shoulder to elbow.
7. Sleeve length wrist: measured from shoulder to wrist.
Please view attached picture to better understand the measurements.
A sleeve length measurement that stops at (2) means that you are measuring for short sleeves, a sleeve length measurement that stops at (3) means you’re measuring for elbow length sleeves while, a sleeve length measurement that stops at (4) means you’re measuring for long sleeves.
I hope this helps.
🔜🆕Next post: HOW TO SEW: SKIRT MEASUREMENTS
kindly post comments below, ask questions and make contributions.
MOBILE TAILOR; helping to make hobbies out of sewing from your comfort zone. … .
View my media file slideshow below to view some of my projects.
View my Facebook page here
View my latest project here
You can get a free domain name for your blog and Web hosting for as low as 2k / yr. You can now own your own site. Get a free .com.ng domain name and 1GB web Hosting for N2,000 Only!