Well, hello today! Happy Monday yall!! Today has been kinda hectic for me. But thanks to a simple DIY detox bath recipe I stumbled upon while reading some other blog. I gave it a try and It helped me have a stress free day today.
One bad thing also happened to me today too! I MISSED AN INTERVIEW!! I forgot!… Julian if you are reading this, I’M SORRY! couldn’t make it to the interview. I had soo much to do today. I totally forgot.
OK ok, back to the business of today HOW TO SEW: SKIRT MEASUREMENTS.
Skirts are one of the simplest garments to make (my view). It covers the lower part of the body and is mostly worn by women..
There are a variety of skirt designs like the :
- pencil skirt,
- flaired skirt,
- pleated skirt,
- maxi skirts,
- mini skirts,
- knicker skirts,
- straight long skirts (with or without slits)
- high waist skirts,
- uneven length skirts and soo much more, depending on your inspiration and the type of skirt design you want to sew.
View skirts I made for my client⬇
Long maxi skirt. ⬆
Knee length pleated skirt ⬆
TAKING SKIRT MEASUREMENTS:
Don’t forget to view attached photo. So you can have a visual understanding of what you are measuring
Horizontal measurements (skirt) ➡
- Waist circumference /width :measured around the waist at the navel.
- Hip circumference /width: measured around the hips.
Vertical measurements (skirt) ⬇
- Band length: measures how wide you want the band to be.
- Waist to hip length : measured from waist to hip
- Waist to knee: measured from waist down the knee.
- Skirt length : measured from waist to desired skirt length.
Pls view attached photo to correspond numbers to appropriate body part. ⬇
➡Don’t forget to follow for latest updates.
➡View my past post by clicking HERE
➡View my Facebook page HERE
➡And also like and share for others to benefit.
➡Leave a reply, ask questions, and write comments below. ⬇
🆕 🔜 next post ➡ HOW TO SEW: PATTERN CUTTING